Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Our Thanksgiving

I am already starting out my holiday season behind on blogging.  Here's a picture summary of the last 10 days or so.

Reagan has started sleeping with a lovey and it's so cute.  Luckily, we have an abudance of them handed down from her big sisters.  She is on her 3rd cold in the last 6 weeks, but she is sweet as can be.  When we were in Chicago, I had several relatives and others who spent time with us ask if she was always this happy and well-behaved.  Yes, yes, and yes!  I think God knew that after having twins I needed an easy-going smiley baby.

George had the day off before I left so we headed over to the park that Matt and Sarah visited with Rachel.  The morning started out rainy, but by the time we finished our picnic lunch the sun was out.  Hannah and Kate had wet bottoms from going down all of the wet slides, but that's what a change of clothes is for, right?

 My parents graciously paid for Sarah and I to go with them to Chicago to visit my brother and sister-in-law.  My sister-in-law, Amy, planned one of her baby showers on a date when we could be there so we were able to see family from St. Louis and join in the baby festivities.  It was a quick and whirlwind weekend, but so much fun.  Hannah and Kate stayed at home with Daddy, who was secretly busy working on our bathroom vanity cabinet.  These are some pictures from the baby shower.   

 Since it was chilly in Chicago, we got to break out our cold weather clothes!  She was such a snuggle bunny.

My sister-in-law is a veterinarian.  They have one dog and four cats.  I'm not a huge cat person, but these cats are very sociable and not mean.  They grew on me.  I thought this was a sweet picture of Maddie and Dexter snuggling with each other.  By the end of the weekend Maddie found herself being very protective of Reagan.  Anytime Reagan would cry, she would go look for her and just kind of follow her.  She'll be a good big sister to baby William.

We had a great Thanksgiving.  We spent the day at George's parents' house.  My parents were on another mini-vacation.  George and I then went to see the latest Twilight movie to give us something to do until the shopping madness started.  We braved Wal-Mart for a couple of things and then attempted Target at midnight, but saw the line stretched out to the main road and decided to go home.  I went back at 6 a.m. and got everything that was on my list to get at midnight.  I shopped at a couple other places, too.  Now, we are gearing up for Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment