Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Spoken Too Soon

Do you remember my words from yesterday's post regarding Reagan, "Whatever seems to be ailing her is gone today"?  You think that I would know as a mother by this point to never speak so soon.  I was even just telling Sarah in the hours before we discovered Reagan's fever that it's been a month since she's been sick.  Well, as I was getting Reagan out of the car yesterday from a shopping trip, I noticed that she has "grown" hundreds of little red pin pricks all over her arms and legs.  I thought to myself, "We've seen this before."

 




I was pretty sure it was hand, foot, & mouth disease.  I took her to the pediatrician just in case though.  The doctor confirmed that I was right (may I have a co-pay refund, please?) and sent us on our merry way.  There is nothing we can do.  It's hard to tell from the picture below, but she is pretty spotty.  Not nearly as spotty as Hannah was.  Although, Reagan has developed some blisters on her hands and feet.  They look like little fire ant bites.  They don't seem to bother her and she has been pretty happy today.  She isn't even contagious, but I've kept her home from the gym because I don't think I would like to see my children playing with a spotty baby.  


Here's to hoping we don't have anything else too exciting to post about this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment