Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

First Day of Preschool

We have been battling some kind of fever/illness for the last week in our house.  It seems to hang around for 3 days and then it jumps ship to another family member.  Hannah and Kate had it last week and Kate kicked it just in the nick of time to be able to go to preschool this morning.  I, on the other hand, have had a sore throat since Friday night. 

Hannah and Kate have been begging to go to preschool ever since we visited it last February.  George, Hannah, Kate, and I all visited the school last Thursday night for open house.  The girls got to meet their teachers and pick up their snazzy school bags.  They go to school from 8:45-11:45 everyday.  It is a mile from our house.  Some may wonder what I did with my quiet time today?  Flopped myself on the bed and tried to sleep off the Nyquil still in my system.  I'm sure my mornings will be more much productive at the gym or running errands as soon as I get to feeling better.

The girls seemed to have a great time and didn't have too many details to offer about their first day, but I was able to coax a little bit out of them.  They played on the swings, read stories, and had a snack.

I think this picture is an awesome first day of school picture.  Had I been feeling better, I would've tried to get one at school, too, but Hannah informed me that her teacher took one of her. 


No comments:

Post a Comment