Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, August 6, 2012

When Hubby is Away, Wifey will Play!

George is on his annual Florida Keys trip and I have been keeping myself ( & Sarah) very busy with home improvement projects.  I haven't really gotten into Pinterest, but Erin showed me a few things the other day and kinda got me hooked.  I'm probably not on it as much as most "pinners" are, but I have found several DIY projects that I was dying to do.

First, I painted our hallway between the master bedroom and Reagan's room.  It's just a nice tan and I also painted the closets.  They needed it desperately because the walls were covered with water stains.  They look so fresh now.  I also reorganized the closets because I have a rather large health & beauty stockpile.  I realize that you may not be as excited about my new closets as I am, but I'm sharing anyways!



 Matt & Sarah were gracious enough to come over and teach me how to use a drill.  My first drilling project was hanging our ironing board and iron on the back of our hallway closet door.  I never considered using the back of doors so much, but I found several ideas on Pinterest and it's great unused space!

My next project was making a bench seat for some recently purchased IKEA shelves.


 Reagan was dying to help Aunt Sarah and since she kept picking up the real hammer and pliers, I gave in and found her a toy hammer.




 My completed bench seat!  All I have to do is put little bumper pads underneath so it doesn't slide around.

 I bought this sign in South Carolina.  I loved it!  I hung this one all by myself, too!


 Hannah and Kate have SO many stuffed animals and dolls that just lay around their room.  I saw another cute idea on Pinterest about painting a garbage can and using it for toy storage.  So I bought a 30 gallon metal trash can from Home Depot and a couple of cans of spray paint.  I got sick of everything in their room being pink so I went with a lilac color.  I then sewed some fabric around the outside just to give it some character.  The fabric didn't quite reach the entire way around, but I also think I want to line the entire trash can so this project has a little bit more work to it. 

I'm just really excited to feel productive and make my "workspace" into something nice and homey for my family!  I have more painting projects in the near future so stay tuned...

1 comment:

  1. Everything looks great! I love the trash can idea! I haven't seen it before, but I think it would be great for Faith's toys. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete