Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, January 10, 2011

The Changes Begin

It's a new year so we are preparing for all of the changes that will be coming with it. I hadn't planned on putting the girls in toddler beds for a couple of reasons:

1) I didn't think it would be as easy as it was to convert their crib. It only took me all of 15 minutes for both.
2) I was worried about them actually staying in their beds. They are doing well, but we are still working on this.
3) I was just going to wait until we bought them their bunk beds for their new room.

Well, Hannah kind of made the decision for me when she climbed out of her crib one day last week. She didn't get hurt, but since they have wood floors in their room, I decided that I'd rather just play it safe. We made the switch on Saturday afternoon. So far I consider it to be a success.



I also took the girls to the doctor this morning because they've been sick, running fever off & on, have a bad cough, and not really eating. You know that Kate is sick when she refuses to even get in her high chair for breakfast. She said that it looks like they have a cold, which is starting to settle in their lungs. She put both of them on amoxicillin. Yay for free antibiotics at Publix. But not yay for the throwing up episode while waiting for the free antibiotics. Kate was so upset from crying and the drainage she had in her tummy that it all came up. Meanwhile, there is a group of people waiting at the pharmacy wondering why my children will not stop crying. Did I care? Not really. Remember, take pity (or have compassion, at least) on the mother who has children who feel sick and don't understand why they don't feel well and have to wait in the grocery store for medicine instead of laying on the couch at home.
However, all children (I say all because I am currently watching Rachel) are sleeping and I am headed to the bed myself. I didn't sleep well and I guess that is just one of the perks of being at home. Hope you all have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment