Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, August 15, 2011

It's Been Loved

Another one of my faithful, yet demanding (just kidding) blog readers informed me that my blog needed some lovin'. Well, it's officially being loved right now. Here is a list of some of the things that I have been busy with lately: trying to make our pool swimmable, laundry, dishes, cleaning my house, touch-up painting (still so much left to do), doctors appointments out the wazoo (more on that later), being a "single" mommy for 6 days, planning a 3rd birthday party, mowing the lawn twice a week, etc.

In addition, I switched Reagan to a 3.5 hour schedule and eliminated her dream feed. She only eats 5 times a day now. It's nice to lengthen the time in between feedings, but that makes it to where I no longer have any free time in my day anymore. I put Hannah and Kate down for a nap at 2, which is when Reagan wakes up to eat. She's usually awake for about 1.5 hours and I either get a half hour to myself or like today, Hannah and Kate were awake just as I was putting Reagan down for another nap. Hence, no me time until about 8:30 at night. George has been gone a lot lately due to his vacationing (yes, his 2nd this summer...more on this), working crazy hours at Verizon, and lawn care.

We have also started potty training and sometimes I want to rip my hair out. You think you have it bad potty training one...try two. Neither of them will tell me before they have to go. They usually tell me afterwards. So far I have mainly kept them in pull-ups and just stayed on them about going to the potty. Kate is better than Hannah about holding it longer. Hannah will do little pees about every hour. Today, they are wearing Minnie panties with plastic covers over them. I remember a very experienced mother telling us not to push potty training, especially when you have a new baby and are nursing. So, we are going with it right now, but I'm not a potty dictator yet.


Hannah
Reagan


My little heffalump (it's a name from one of the Pooh movies) ate a 7 oz. bottle last night and then proceeded to poop on our way to Busch Gardens. Luckily, we were still at my parent's house and I thought I should check to make sure the toots were nothing more than toots, but in the time it took for me to walk to her side of the car, she had managed to create a pool of poop in her carseat.


She is just starting to play with her toys on her bouncy seat, she really likes to watch TV (no, I don't plant her in front of the TV...I think she has only watched one Baby Einstein while I was folding laundry), and she tries to sit up on her own. She had her follow-up appointment with her gastroenterologist last week and she was given a clean bill of health.



George went on his 3rd annual Florida Keys trip with a group of guys. He was gone for 6 days. He brought back about 20 lobsters, grouper, and hogfish. Saturday night, we cooked up some salmon (my favorite fish), hogfish, and lobster. It was yummy! He cooked the fish on cedar. We watch Master Chef on Fox and I told George that Chef Ramsey would be so proud of him. For Sunday lunch, he did even better. He made a seafood chowder with lobster, hogfish, scallops, potatoes, corn, and some other ingredients. It was delicious! Unfortunately, most of our seafood loving family wasn't able to make it. You guys really missed out! I always tell George that if he could ever trade me for another woman it would be one that cooked.




Between myself and 3 children, I feel like we have been at so many doctors' appointments lately. When I was at one recently just being established as a patient, the doctor pointed out that I have an enlarged thyroid. Just to be on the safe side, he sent me for bloodwork and an ultrasound. The bloodwork came back completely normal. However, the ultrasound showed that my thyroid is enlarged and I do have a cyst on my left lobe. He doesn't think it's anything serious, but because I am breastfeeding and plan to be for many more months, he is sending me to an ENT. I have that appointment this week so I will let you know how that turns out.


I feel like I just wrote you all a novel. Hope you have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment