Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, September 3, 2012

Hannah & Kate's 4th Birthday!

Hannah and Kate turned 4 on Saturday so we were actually able to have their party on their birthday!  I have found myself getting more frustrated with every party that I don't actually get to enjoy the party because I'm so busy cooking food.  Therefore, this time I decided to just do desserts.  The theme was Strawberry Shortcake.  I picked some of the characters and themed a dessert after each one.  I had some help from a couple of family members, but it was fairly stress free.

Fruit Rainbow idea from Pinterest
Lemon Meringue's Lemon Bars

Raspberry Torte's Raspberry Torte courtesy of Auntie Erin


Coco Calypso's Brownies courtesy of Aunt Sarah

Pupcake's Cupcakes

Strawberry Shortcake's Chocolate Covered Strawberries

Apple Dumplin's Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars courtesy of Grandma S. (this was a Paula Deen recipe...for those of you who loved it!)

Orange Blossom's Orange Sherbet Punch

He may look like he was being lazy, but after working A LOT of hours these last several weeks, he did an amazing job of cleaning up the yard and making the outside of the house look nice.  Thanks, babe!

One of our favorite cousins, Rachel!

Hannah, Aunt Sarah, Rachel

I didn't have Strawberry Shortcake costumes for them to wear so they wanted to wear their princess dresses again!





This little peanut loved the balloons.  She ran around the house in circles giggling because she thought she was getting away with something she wasn't supposed to!  Love it!


Our friend, Lydia!


I think that I counted a total of 16 kids and they all swam together at one point.  The Dads & Uncle Matthew were awesome enough to play with them in the pool!


















I thought this picture was sweet.  It's got my three little blondies!



Since the way the party was set up, we really didn't have a great opportunity to sing the girls "Happy Birthday".  I made sure that we did it at dinner time and just stuck a little candle in a cupcake.





We are so blessed to have such amazing people in Hannah and Kate's lives.  Thank you so much for being a part of their special day and to those who couldn't came but sent well wishes anyway! 

No comments:

Post a Comment