Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Hannah's Surgery

Hannah had her adenoids removed this morning. It was a quick 15-20 minute procedure and we were back in the recovery area with her. Children are quite the little "fighters" when they are coming out of anesthesia. Needless to say, all of her struggling with me and her constant coughing ended up putting me into a "I think I'm going to pass out or throw up" state. I was useless as a mommy, but luckily Daddy was there. Sweet Hannah did wait until I had just stepped beyond the curtain to go get the car until she threw up everywhere. She rested for a little bit at home and she was back to her normal self. The doctor said that her adenoids were 70% enlarged so it's a good thing that they were removed. We are really hoping that the surgery combined with the immune booster that she received last week will help kick these sinus infections to the curb.

As far as my other very wee one goes, I am 7 weeks and definitely feeling pregnant. I don't look it at all, but I definitely feel it. I keep reminding myself to rejoice in it though because it means that things are going as they should. There are definite drawbacks of being pregnant, but I don't take for granted the blessing and privilege of being pregnant. I don't want to turn into one of those whiny, moan & groan pregos. I've been around some of them and it just turns me off. We have an ultrasound scheduled for Thursday afternoon. The doctor said he wants to make sure that there is just one in there. One would be nice! I'll post some pictures.

Thank you for all of the prayers and congratulations! We are very excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment