Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Live!

"Then I passed by and...said to you, Live!"       ~Ezekiel 16:6

 It has been a long time since I've posted something other than simple events around the house.  There are some times though when the Lord just excites my soul and I feel like I can't help but share the good news of the gospel, especially with the precious people who read my blog.  I'm not even sure how many read it anymore, but I know that this is a message that I can't share enough.

I was reading in my quiet time this evening a devotion from Charles Spurgeon's Morning and Evening.  He started with the above verse.  He noted many points, but the one that spoke most loudly to me was that Jesus Christ has called us (me) out of our sin to eternal life in Him.  How stinkin' amazing is that?!?  God himself came down from Heaven to save a sinner like me and gives me life.  My soul is just so excited over the fact that when I die one day, Jesus will welcome me into heaven and give me the command to live! 

What happens to those that haven't chosen to accept God's free gift of forgiveness and eternal life in Jesus?  Jesus will turn you away because He never knew you and you will spend eternity in death in hell.  John 14:6 says, "I am the Way, the Truth, & the Life.  No one comes to the Father except through me."  Jesus has given us the way to heaven through the cross and blatantly pointed out that He is the only way to get there.  You can accept that truth or not, but there will be no excuses acceptable to Him come judgment day.  And it's not fear that should draw you to Him (although the thought of spending eternity in hell is pretty scary); but unconditional love, endless mercy, and complete forgiveness. 

For when you accept God's free gift of eternal life, Christ sets you free from the bondage of sin.  So not only do I get to live in Heaven, but I get Life here.  John 8:36 says, "So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed." 

Charles Spurgeon writes, "In our text, we perceive a sinner with nothing in him but sin, expecting nothing but wrath; but the eternal Lord passes by in His glory; He looks.  He pauses, and He pronounces the solitary but royal word, "Live!"

What a blessing to lay my head on my pillow tonight and sleep in peace because He has given me life!  What's your choice today?

No comments:

Post a Comment