Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, September 27, 2013

My Song Lately

I am so grateful that no matter how broken my heart is, I am fully & completely loved by a God who is working for my good (and I mean that word in the purest & deepest sense possible).  We will never know the fullness of the word good until we experience Heaven.  As I sit down every morning to marinate in Joseph's story, I am falling in more in love with my Savior.  I am clinging white-knuckled to a God who has my times in His hands (Psalm 31:15) and who is in perfect control over everything & everyone.  So while the pieces of my heart are still being healed by my Comforter, I will keep declaring that I will trust him.  Grateful for songs that so adequately express my heart:





P.S. This is not a place that I have come to easily.  It has taken YEARS of refinement for me to be able to get to this place of faith out of reflex.  So if you are walking through your own trial and wondering why you can't seem to trust God so quickly or easily, please don't beat yourself up.  And neither have I perfected my faith.  That comes in Heaven.  I am still very much human and very much struggle with sin, but God has used the trials of my past to produce Romans 5:3-4 in my life.

Not only so, but we[a] also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.



No comments:

Post a Comment