Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 19, 2009

The Modern Unclean

I told you that I've been reading in Leviticus for my quiet time lately. The other day I was reading chapters 13-15 and it talks all about infectious skin diseases and such. God put all of the laws about being unclean for 7 days for a good reason. The reason was to keep disease from spreading around the Israelites camp. Well, I think that is the same reason that God set church nursery rules...except they don't seem to be working so well. My two little bugs and myself are currently on the downhill from a bug. No, not an infectious skin disease, but a cold. We stayed home from church this past Sunday to make sure that we didn't spread our germs. I feel like we've been quarantined like the Israelites were back in the day. We should be yelling out, "UNCLEAN, UNCLEAN!" anytime anyone comes over. I know that sometimes people bring their kids to church when they are sick, but the symptoms just haven't shown yet. It's happened to us once or twice. But when you know your kids are sick, be courteous and stay home with them. God makes those rules for a reason. All in all, it could have been much worse. So we thank God for the health that we have.
On a completely different note. Hannah and Kate are celebrating a milestone tomorrow. Their minds are 1! Their bodies turned one back in September, but their little brains are 1 tomorrow. November 20th was their due date. Speaking of birthdays...George is also turning 27 tomorrow! Wow, it felt like just yesterday when we were in our early 20's, so young and carefree. I love him!
Kate is walking around so much more. She still crawls, but she is becoming very confident on her feet now and will even repeat "Uh oh" after me. Hannah still loves to crawl, but can be coaxed to walk. They both have a new trick....sticking their finger up their nose. "Look, mom. My finger is the same size as this hole in my nose. That must be where it belongs." Lovely, huh? They have also both learned what it means to be gentle with Bella and Mommy. Haven't quite learned about being gentle with each other, but we are working on that.

Kate


Kate

Kate

Hannah

Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment