Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 6, 2010

More House Hunting

Hannah and Kate are feeling much better. The fever they had was gone by the next morning. However, they are drooling like crazy. I'm not sure if they are getting new teeth, but Kate has been soaking the upper part of her shirts.

George and I have been continuing our house hunt. We looked at about 4 houses this week. We found one on the original street that we began our house hunt at 4 or 5 months ago. It's an older house, but with a lot of room, a nice pool, and an acre. It about a quarter mile from our church and very close to where we used to live. We plan on putting an offer in on Monday. Not sure how it will go because we are dealing strictly with an owner on this house. It's not a short sale nor a foreclosure, which should make it quick and easy to close in the long run. The house itself is not perfect, but it meets the overwhelming majority of our needs and wants. The lady who owns it has done A LOT of updating and adding on. She did a good job, too. Unless God throws a huge NO in our face (which we have given him permission to do & He has with several houses thus far), we'll hopefully be making some deals next week. I know that many of you out there have been praying for us and it is so much appreciated. We have been discouraged lately because we feel the rush & pressure (being put on by ourselves-not my parents) to move out of my parents' house. Honestly, I feel like God has spoken to my heart a little bit about not being 100% satisfied about this current house. The couple of things I'm not crazy about are things that the overwhelming majority of the world would consider extreme luxuries to have in a house. That's not to say that there is something wrong with having a walk-in master closet or a master bedroom on the other side of the house. I just think that sometimes I should feel more blessed by the things that I do have rather than by what I don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment