Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Using the Weak

We made our 4th (can you believe it?) annual trip to the NICU to bring the babies and their families a Christmas gift.  This year there was a whopping 16 babies so my work was cut out for me.  This is probably the thing that I get most excited about at Christmas time.  It's great shopping for our families, but I love being able to give gifts to these precious families who have no idea it's coming.  And since we are celebrating Jesus's birthday, it's only fitting that we give Him a gift.  It says in Matthew 25:34-40 that when we clothe, feed, and care for the least of his brothers, we do it for Him.  I hope that it is something that Hannah, Kate, and Reagan use to remember that Christmas is really about Jesus. 

This year, each family received a stocking decorated with foam craft stickers, some preemie clothing, a letter from us, a New Testament, a Babies R Us gift card,a little Christmas ornament, and a NICU support group flyer.  Yes, you heard me right.  I am starting a NICU support group!  The butterflies are turning in my stomach as I type.  The idea was planted in my mind many months ago and I feel like God has been cultivating that seed.  Through much watering by the Holy Spirit, I am taking the final steps of obedience.  I have no idea what to expect, but I just know that the need is there and people need to hear the hope of Jesus Christ!  Our first meeting will be in a couple of weeks so I have a lot to get done.


 I also did not want to leave out the wonderful NICU staff who graciously cares for these precious babies.  I made a gift card wreath.  Each card had $5 and they got to pick from Dunkin Donuts, Publix, or Chick-fil-a.  It's not much, but hopefully they know how much they are appreciated!

P.S. Thank you so much to those who generously supported me in this giving.  I won't name them publicly, but we received a very generous donation a couple of months ago and someone else who faithfully gives clothing every month!  Although, George and I set aside money every month so that we can do this, your generosity has blessed us and more importantly is blessing others who receive these gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment