Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Big & Strong

Our house has been hit with sickness this week.  Hannah had a slight fever a week and a half ago, but it went away in 24 hours and she has been showing little symptoms of sickness since then, but has been her normal self otherwise.  I finally took her to the doctor on Thursday when she developed a really red diaper rash.  Apparently, I am one of the few that know that you can get peri-rectal strep (strep in the butt).  I think the doctor mentioned it to me, but everyone else I have told has never heard of it.  So...consider yourselves educated now.  Either way, she was also positive for strep throat.  On Thursday afternoon, I started feeling a little yucky.  By Friday morning, I was horribly sick.  I headed to the walk-in clinic and surprise (not really)...I had strep, too.  Since having my tonsils out 17 years ago, I have yet to contract strep.  Leave it to a sweet child to remind me of how awful it feels.  Needless to say, with a high fever, chills, nausea, and sore throat, I was in no shape to take care of my children.  For some reason, I just didn't have the same bouncing off the walls behavior Hannah did as she secretly hid her strep throat for a week.  Does this mean I'm getting old?!?  Anyway, George took a sick day and I was/am one grateful wife/mother!   

 Kate feeling left out of the picture taking
 Hannah feeling left out as a baby?  Who knows...


This little cutie pie started sneezing a lot yesterday and blowing snot out with each sneeze.  She also wasn't eating well so I decided to take her to the walk-in clinic.  I think I had some major mommy guilt over letting Hannah go an entire week not knowing she had strep throat.  The doctor who saw her walked in and immediately called her a chunky monkey.  She said, "You must just sit around and pinch her rolls all day."  She is also a strong one.  She required three people to hold her down to have her throat looked at and a strep test done.  Atta girl, Reagan!  She was negative for strep, but she does have an inflamed throat, a cold, and a slight fever.  I had to rock her to sleep this morning.  You can just tell she doesn't feel good.    

Here are some pictures of her "sitting" by herself.  She needs some support, but is pretty good at holding her own.  She weighed just under 16 lbs. at the clinic yesterday.  We are going to Chicago in the middle of November so I had to buy her some winter clothes and I am glad I got nine month clothing.  It starts at 16.5 lbs.  I love my chunker!



Hopefully, we will all be on the mend this week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment