Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy...

I'm sure as many of you can guess life has gotten a little busier than normal around here lately. Matt and Sarah and Rachel have been home for about 3 days now and they have jumped right into parenting. When I say jumped right in, I mean they were thrown in, and as many new parents feel like they are drowining in the lake of sleeplessness. They are doing a great job though! I finally got to see Rachel with her eyes open last night. She's so precious! I'm already praying that her, Hannah, and Kate will grow up to be best friends and encourage each in the Lord.
Rachel is already getting Hannah and Kate's hand me downs, which is really good. Poor Hannah and Kate were wearing clothes that were too small for them. Kate's chunky legs had taken over the 3-6 month sleepers and Hannah's toes were still being squished into 0-3 month sleepers. I finally pulled out the 6 month clothes that we got as gifts and moved Hannah up into 3-6 month clothes. I didn't realize we had so many until I pulled them out from under the bed. Kate looks so big in her 6 months clothes though...craziness. As an update to the napping struggles we were having, they have pretty much cleared up. They nap for a little more than 2 hours in the morning and then 2 hours in the afternoon and then a short catnap around dinnertime. They are now on a 4 hour routine and it's working great for us. The only thing that I don't like is that we have to stay up until around 10:30-11:00 to give them their last bottle. It's not too bad, but we got spoiled when we used to give it to them at 9:30. Hopefully, we'll be able to drop that bottle soon anyways. Kate is still munching away on her solids. We've added green beans and peas to the mix. She'll eat them, but she's not a fan of them. Hannah will only eat applesauce.
They went to the church nursery for the first time this past Sunday. They did really well according to the workers. I did pretty good, but I think the thing that was hardest for me was not being in control of the germs. I could no longer shelter them. The workers don't know their story and how hard they fought to live, but I just have to trust God that He will guard them and know that it is not the end of the world if they get a little sick. It was very nice for me and George to be able to go to church undistracted.

Grandpa & Kate-playing the piano

Kate-Our little piano prodigy
Kate
Kate
Kate
Kate-trying out her jumpearoo
Kate
Grandpa, Kate, Uncle Matt, & Hannah
Bella-trying to get to spit up in the exersaucer, she wanted it so bad that she jumped into the exersaucer but couldn't get out
Rachel

Sweet Pea checking Rachel out


Have a Happy Easter! Praise God for His death and resurrection!

1 comment:

  1. That picture of Bella cracked me up! Sounds just like one of her tricks!

    ReplyDelete