Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 24, 2009

It's not about him, It's about Him

The long awaited picture you've been waiting for is here...

I hope that your excitement over Christmas exceeds the level of excitement that Hannah and Kate displayed when they saw Santa. I do have to say that I was impressed that we didn't have full-blown breakdowns over Santa. Santa's elves did a great job at distracting them with toys that made cool noises. If you zoom in on the picture, you may catch a tear or two falling from Hannah's eyes, but Kate's blank expression is priceless. I love it!

As much as Santa gets hyped up at this time of year, it's really about Him, Jesus Christ. We are celebrating His birth and the fact that He came to save us from our sins (Matthew 1:21~ I think). I don't know if I mentioned this last year, but we started a new family tradition of taking gift bags to all of the babies in the NICU. Yesterday, we made our 2nd annual trip. (I had my camera in my bag to take pictures & I completely forgot~sorry!) My Mom, Hannah, Kate, and I all loaded their little red wagon up with 7 gift bags plus goodies for the NICU staff and visited the NICU. This time Hannah and Kate got to show off their walking skills to their nurses and doctor. They were so excited to see how much they're grown. Our Bible fellowship class even got involved this year by donating some money and things that we stuffed the bags with. I just created an e-mail account so that the parents can e-mail us prayer requests for their babies.

I count it such a privilege and an honor (I know most don't see it that way) to have been chosen to watch the hand of God work so clearly in my daughters' lives as He took babies that weren't supposed to be born yet and grew them into healthy, active little girls. George and I got to witness 2 miracles first hand and it brings tears to my eyes to think that God would bless us so immensely. So we give back to Jesus because He gave us abundantly to us. That's the message and legacy that we hope to pass on to these families and to Hannah and Kate as they begin to understand that Christmas is not about him (Santa), but about Him (Jesus).

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment