Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 29, 2010

No Deal

A couple of people have inquired about how the closing process is going. Here's the deal (or lack of one)...we are still waiting on an appraisal, which means that we will not be closing on schedule. We were supposed to close on Friday, April 30th. I am secretly glad though because for some reason, I completely blanked about needing to get homeowner's insurance. No one ever mentioned it so I just forgot. Hey, give me a break...this is only our second house and it's not like I don't have a million other things on my plate. Anyway, that deal is in the works so hopefully we will have an approved quote by next week. It's been a little bit harder than buying a new home would be simply because our house is over 30 years old and insurance companies seem to be very wary of insuring a home that old. I think that is a crock. Yes, the house might not be up to code (and actually ours has had A LOT of updating), BUT insurance is about taking risks. They only take the "safe" policies. I had an insurance agent tell me today, "Welcome to insurance in Florida." I have one word for that...BLAH!!!!

I'll let you know when we have a closing date.

No comments:

Post a Comment